Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots
- 2 pounds carrots peeled
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter cut into pats
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup pecan halves roughly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon flaked sea salt
- 3/4 cup goat cheese crumbled
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves optional
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with 3 sheets of foil (you’ll need it!) and spray with cooking spray.
- Place the carrots in a single layer on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with brown sugar and evenly distribute the pats of butter. Then sprinkle with salt and cinnamon.
- Bake carrots, tossing every 20 minutes, until tender and browned around the edges for 50–60 minutes.
- While the carrots are roasting, prepare the candied pecans by melting the butter in a small pan on low heat. Once the butter is melted, add the maple syrup, brown sugar, and pecans. Stir for about 2 minutes until the mixture thickens.
- Remove the candied pecans from the heat and stir in the flaked sea salt. Set aside.
- Once the carrots are cooked, put them in a serving dish. Sprinkle them evenly with the candied pecans and goat cheese. Finish the dish with a sprinkle of fresh thyme leaves.