No Boil Pasta Bake Recipe
- 2 jars of your favourite pasta sauce approx 22 oz each
- 3 cups water
- 2 15 oz / 475 grams Ricotta cheese containers
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 1 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 (454 grams) box spiral pasta (rotini or fusilli pasta)
- fresh basil or parsley leaves for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a large 9x13 (5 quart) inch pan with cooking spray.
- Dump everything into a bowl (except for 1 ½ cups of the mozzarella cheese and a ¼ cup of parmesan cheese) and mix.
- Pour mixture into the baking dish and cover tightly with foil. Bake it for 1 hour. Remove the foil and sprinkle remaining parmesan cheese then top with the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for an additional 20-25 minutes uncovered.
- Switch the oven to broil and broil until the top is browned in spots, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let the pasta bake rest uncovered for 15 minutes before serving. This is important as the sauce really thickens up at this time.