Strawberry Baked Brie
- 1 Large brie round approx 600 gram / 21 oz
- 1 ½ cups Strawberries hulled and quartered
- 3 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp Liquid honey
- 2 tbsp Sliced almonds for topping
- 6 Basil leaves chiffonade / torn
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit with rack in the center of the oven.
- In a medium bowl, mix the balsamic vinegar and honey until well combined. Add in strawberries and toss well, cover, and let sit at room temperature for 10 - 30 minutes. If marinating longer than 30 minutes, place in the refrigerator.
- Cut the baguette into ¼” - ½” thick slices then place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush the top side of baguette slices with olive oil and bake at 400 degrees for 5 minutes then broil for 1 to 2 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Keep a close eye while broiling, they can burn quickly.
- Once baguettes are ready, remove from the oven, and decrease the oven temperature to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using a sharp knife remove the top rind of the brie round. Then place brie in the center of a large cast iron skillet or round oven safe baking dish. Bake on the middle rack for 15 minutes until the brie is soft and melted.
- Stir basil leaves into the bowl of marinated strawberries.
- Once brie is done, remove from the oven and top baked brie with strawberry mixture then sliced almonds and serve immediately with toasted baguette slices around the brie in the baking dish.
- Pro Tips for Make Ahead: Toast the baguette slices up to 3 hours ahead and store covered at room temperature.